H&M Opens In Melbourne

6 April 2014

Swedish fashion giant H&M opened its very first store on Australian shores two days ago! The major international fashion chain follows in the footsteps of Zara and Topshop and the hype surrounding its opening is even bigger than that of its predecessors. H&M has taken over the entire GPO building in Melbourne. That's 5,000 square metres and three levels dedicated to men's, women's and children's fashion alone! Oh and it also has a homewares section!

On the day of its opening, eager shoppers had camped overnight and some had arrived at the crack of dawn to be amongst the first to set foot inside. Over 3,000 people queued on Friday morning to shop at H&M!

As luck has it, I'm currently in Melbourne for a very important diving competition. We finish on Thursday afternoon but don't fly back to Sydney until Friday morning. So guess where I'll be heading to afterwards?! I'm hoping the queue for H&M won't be too long, but I'm not going to lie, I don't mind having to wait if there's going to be some quality shopping at the end of the rainbow. I'm fairly confident H&M will deliver but I'll be happy just to get a look at Australia's newest fashion palace. Apparently H&M is set to open up a Sydney store by the end of the month, but I doubt it will be as amazing as Melbourne's. Fingers crossed it's not too busy on Thursday!

The massive queue for H&M at the opening on Friday






Images via Herald Sun & The Age

No comments

Post a Comment

Secret Thrills. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.