Catara

30 January 2014




Meet my precious catara mini skirt by one of my favourite Australian labels Aje. I bought this skirt in ivory a few years ago so when it came out in black I just had to get my hands on it. These sequin beauties sell out so quickly though and initially they sold out of my size. Imagine my delight when I discovered they restocked it in black! That prized skirt was in my shopping cart quicker than you can say sequin. 

The catara mini will take you anywhere from an elegant dinner to a night out on the town (reputation intact). The designers at Aje aim for an aesthetic in which statement pieces are paired back with basic tops and tees to create effortless glamour, tough femininity and disheveled elegance. As I'm not much of tee girl, I prefer to go for a more super glam look and pair my sequinned treasure with a top of equal statement. 

Sheike hit the nail on the head with this fitted bustier. It's so detailed but seems sophisticated and simple at the same time. The belt is my favourite part of the top but I also love the gentle flared waist peplum too. This outfit goes to show that pairing two statement pieces together can work and it's also a great way to keep an all over sequin skirt classy. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics and super cool outfit
    your blog it's very good

    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/01/should-i-post-or-should-i-go.html

    ReplyDelete

Secret Thrills. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.