Neon Details

2 February 2013

pic name
pic name
pic name
pic name
Topshop jacket | All About Eve top | Refuge shorts | Zu sandals | Steve Madden bag | Etsy and Sportsgirl bracelets | Sportsgirl ring

Neon is a guaranteed way to brighten up one's day. It's vibrant, colourful and bold - the perfect mix of adjectives to liven up what was another horrible day in a week of shocking weather. Last week's weather was downright awful with constant rain and an enormous lack of sunshine, not to mention the storms and floods occurring across other parts of the country. Looking back at these photos, I never would have guessed it to be as wet and dreary as when they were taken. I decided it must have been the neon!

I never used to understand why people said they were 'wearing neon to brighten up their day'. I've always preferred to wear brighter colours when the sun is blazing and the day is already at its brightest. That way, it's almost as if neon is normal and to wear it is to fit in with everybody else. On not so wonderfully warm and sunny days, I usually retreat to my trusty blacks, whites and greys, or anything else that would tick all the boxes when it comes to playing it safe. 

But this time, for some strange reason, I decided to make some neon pink and yellow additions to this not so daring or colourful outfit for a change. Something about wearing neon on a completely awful day made me feel great. Never underestimate the power of colour (or the power of using it to feel overtly happy when the weather is deeply depressing)!

This outfit proved to be an excellent reminder for me to make the most of the neon trend while it lasts. I do love pastels and softer colours, but hopefully neon will make at least a couple more appearances in the near future. Happy Monday!

No comments

Post a Comment

Secret Thrills. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.