Hair and Makeup

28 November 2012


Sorry I haven't posted much in the last week. It's been kinda hectic lately as it's the end of the year and everything. My weekend was especially busy because my mum and two of my sisters came down to visit me from Brisbane. It was so much fun and I miss our girly times together so much! 



The weekend involved a whole lot of shopping, makeup and dress ups (that's what we girls do best)! My older sister is amazing at hair and makeup, so she gave me the usual tutorials. She did my hair in these pictures and I'm in love with it! I've been trying to do something similar myself for ages (except twisting instead of braiding). I really want to learn how to do it because wearing my hair up like this will be a life saver on bad hair days. I also get bored of wearing my hair down all the time, so I'm trying to find other cool ways to style it. 




We also bought some new Dior makeup to play around with on the weekend and it's definitely my new favourite. We used the Dior Expert Eye Palette (Limited Edition) and Emily did one eye, while I tried to recreate it on the other eye. It wasn't a complete fail on my behalf, but I'm not even close to being able to do what my sister can. One day I'll get there (hopefully!)...


Dior Expert Eye Palette (Limited Edition)
Here's my new Dior makeup palette. My mum bought it for me - she spoils me way too much. You should see the number of presents she's bought all of us for Christmas! We're so lucky to have her. 



This all-in-one compact features everything you need for a sophisticated eye look: shadows in shades of brown, taupe, and champagne, brow liner, eyeliner, a mini mascara and two double-sided applicators. I'll be using this every day from now on!



Dior 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow (Limited Edition) in Night Golds #524
I've also ordered this eyeshadow palette for Christmas because they're all sold out everywhere. It's so pretty and obviously very popular too. I love these colours and think they really suit me. These shadows can be mixed to create day or night time look and I'll probably be able to mix the colours with the palette I've already bought too.



I've got a long way to go in hair and makeup but I'm such a typical girly girl, so I love learning all about it and getting lessons from my big sis. Can't wait to play with my new makeup and hopefully sort out my hair too. Fun times ahead...

No comments

Post a Comment

Secret Thrills. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.